This is the beginning of our family trip part 1 ^^
This year we decided to go to two places instead of our usual one place. But last year when we went on our family trip, omma wasn't around so it was like we haven't gone on a family trip for two years. So our first stop was Bangkok!
We caught a morning flight and arrived in Bangkok around 2 plus in the afternoon. We check into our hotel, Amari Watergate, which was right opposite the Platinum mall :> We had two adjoining rooms and it was really comfortable! The rooms were spacious and the toilet was big. The location of this hotel was good as well as it was right opposite many shopping malls.
We headed out for lunch and since it was rather late and a Sunday, the food places were crowded. We settled for something easy and quick - Macdonald's :> It's somehow a weird habit of mine to eat Macdonald's at least once no matter which country I go to.
Right after that, we headed off to Chatuchak Market in a taxi from our hotel. The Chatuchak Market is only opened on the weekends and it's really huge!
When we first got there, we didn't know where to start. There was just rows and rows of shops! I wouldn't be surprised if you actually got lost in there. I wonder how do the people working there actually locate their shop. All the lanes look the same >< I don't have many photos of the place as it was crowded and I didn't want to risk my phone getting pick pocketed.
I didn't buy many things there either. As the Chatuchak Market has become somewhat of a tourist destination, it was rather difficult to haggle and things were not very cheap there. Friends who've been there before said that it used to be cheaper. Also, I was saving the shopping for Platinum Mall where I've heard things were cheaper and the variety wider.
I think the Chatuchak Market would be good for those who enjoy buying one of a kind clothes. There were many shops that sold things designed by the person running the shop. My sister enjoyed shopping in those shops. She bought accessories and shirts. I guess you can say that there were more unusual stuff than the usual? They seriously sold almost everything and anything there. Even puppies! ^-^
We didn't stay at the there for a long time as it was hot and starting to get more and more crowded. We headed out to the road side to get a cab but seriously the taxi system is quite scary over there >< The taxi drivers would request for a fixed price instead of turning on the meter. If you asked them to turn on the meter, they would bring you to some shop which I think sponsors them petrol or something. Thankfully, we were able to flag down a seemingly honest looking taxi driver who charged us a reasonable fixed price of 200 baht, since there was a jam and all.
We were stuck in traffic for about an hour. We dropped off our shopping then went to the Central World mall for dinner. Finally, I've some photos to post! Hope nobody's asleep from the super long just-words segment ><
We had Thai food for dinner!
Yummy fried chicken
Tom yum soup
Mango sticky rice
Shot of us with all the food
That's pretty much the end of day 1 in Bangkok! We did a whole lot of shopping there ><
My favourite buys from the Chatuchak Market. Fake glasses ^-^






No comments:
Post a Comment