Sunday, 5 February 2017

Jukebox #83 Drama OST Craze Feat. Punch

A good drama becomes an awesome drama with the help of a really good soundtrack. Recently many soundtracks have been in the limelight. Even better, these soundtracks are completely original and composed for solely the drama.

Thus, here's a special post after discovering this singer that's been singing songs for many drama original soundtracks! Haven't heard of her before but her voice is really quite something! It definitely stays in your head especially since it plays in the dramas so frequently.

She's none other than Punch! Checking out her discography, she sings mostly OST songs and there are barely no videos of her singing live. Seems like quite a mysterious person huh. Let's take a listen to some of her songs!

Everytime // Chen X Punch // Descendants of the Sun OST Part 2 



This would be the first song that caught my attention. Although it featured more of Chen's voice, I thought Punch had a very nice and clear voice that's pretty outstanding. Plus, she starts the song off so that really does catch your attention. I really like the part at the ending when they both sing together. It's a good match 👍🏻

• Say Yes // Loco X Punch // Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo OST Part 2 



I didn't watch the drama but checked this song out when a friend shared it on Facebook. Again it was her voice that caught my attention. It really does add like the feel to certain drama scenes. I guess you could describe her voice as crisp? That it's still clear even above whatever is going on in the drama. And somehow along with the rap, it makes her voice stand out even more. 

• Stay With Me // Chanyeol X Punch // Goblin OST Part 1



Last but definitely not the least, it's her latest OST song from the drama Goblin! Once again, alongside Chanyeol's husky deep voice, her voice just stood out and sounded almost angelic despite the rather heavy beat of the song. 

I was surprised to hear her voice again in the recent Goblin. Feels like I've been hearing it in the hit dramas these days. Is that the beginning of a trend? I sure hope it is as that means more hit dramas to come! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment