Monday, 8 August 2016

Etude House: Berry Delicious Fantastic Colour Eyes ♥︎

When I first saw this series from Etude House, I knew I would getting at least a few of the products. This product isn't a part of the haul post I wrote earlier as I got it later on.
Etude House
Berry Delicious Fantastic Colour Eyes
Strawberry Fondue

I wasn't intending on getting this product because of course the price wasn't favourable. On my birthday while I was just walking around, I saw this product sitting on the sale shelf of a Etude House store. I checked the price and it was I think around SGD $9. Although the sales lady mentioned that the birthday discount did not apply to discounted items, somehow after keying everything in, it further discounted this product. So in the end I got it for about SGD $6, which is ridiculously cheap.

You gotta love birthday discounts ♥

This product is no longer available, here's what the website says about it:
This is a 6 color eye shadow palette that comes in trendy colors and various textures for fantastic expression of the eyes for different occasions.
Thoughts

I really love the shades! 😍 Although I really don't like pink, I think pink eyeshadow colours are quite versatile and they look pretty good on tanner skin tones.



The names for this palette is just the cutest! Actually most of Etude House eyeshadows have very cute names. Sucker for pretty packaging and cute names! 



Here are the swatches of the 6 shades! I think they're all super pretty! I think my favourite shades would be Fresh Strawberry and Hazelnut Chocolate. 

The swatches above was just one swipe with my finger so they are pretty pigmented. That's quite expected of Etude House eyeshadows, especially their matte shadows. They're pretty easy to blend as well which again came as a surprise considering Etude House is classified as a drugstore brand or roadshop brand.

Sadly, there was one part of this product that I didn't really like. That would be the shade "Dip Dip!". It's the only shade that turned out to be a disappointment. Although it's a dark brown shade, it doesn't really appear dark brown. It's more towards the glittery side so I wasn't too impressed as I felt being the darkest colour in the palette, it was intended for it to be a shading shade.

I've also quite mixed feelings about the shade Hazelnut Chocolate. In the pan it appears more pinkish and when swatched too but somehow when applied on the eyes, it comes out more brown. So the first time using it, the whole look turned out different from what I imagined it to be. I’ll just have to be careful when using this shade.

Verdict

I would say this palette is pretty. I mean the strawberry packaging and strawberry shades, who can resist? But honestly, if it weren’t for the discount, I wouldn’t have gotten it either.

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of all the shades but they’re not too bad like I mentioned above, Etude House is considered a drugstore brand so I would say they’re doing quite well with these eyeshadows.

I would recommend this palette if you’re a fan of Etude House products or use eyeshadows often otherwise you could get other products like maybe their single shadows, those probably would have a better colour payoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment