Tony Moly
Easy Touch Gel Eyeliner
#1 Black
I saw some youtubers mentioning this product as a part of their monthly favourites, Hoversjelly and LiahYoo, if I'm not wrong. I'm so used to seeing the gel liner with the brush attached so I went to do some research. I wanted to know if it was a repackaged product or a new one. Turns out it was a different product altogether. Heres a description of the product from the Tony Moly website:
Waterproof gel type eyeliner for natural line with fascinating eye shapeThoughts
I got this product on qoo10 for about SGD $8 and it comes with 4g of product. I've been quite impressed with the Backstage Gel Liner from this brand which I got back in 2012. It lasted me a year and I was expecting nothing less of this product especially since it was recommended by youtubers too.
I personally liked the packaging compared to the one with the brush as it's a little bulky with the brush sticking out. This packaging is kind of flat, like most gel liners around and thus easy to carry around in a makeup bag!
So far it seems the packaging is quite air tight as well. Previously, I bought a gel liner that didn't have an air tight container and it dried up really quickly. What a waste ☹ Reminder never to buy something just because it has a cute packaging.
Moving on to the texture and how the product holds up. I really like how the product applies really smoothly. Some eyeliners are quite clumpy and sticky so it's not easy to draw a crisp eyeline on the first try. Although it glides on easily, it isn't super black but that alright as you can just go over it again with more product.
I tried it for two days before writing this first impression post. On both days I used the same eyeliner brush and set the eyeliner with powder. The first day I wore it for about half a day, just till around lunch, and the second day I wore it a full day at work. It's probably not a very fair comparison as I'm out in the sun a lot during work but I guess it does show how this eyeliner lasts.
With the name like easy touch, I had the impression that it might not last long and smudge all over my eyes. Thankfully it held up pretty well even during work. It only smudged around mid afternoon just below the eyes. I guess it isn't something I can as the weather here is really humid and my eyelids tend to get oily. After wiping off the smudged areas and patting off the oil, the eyeliner lasted pretty well.
The Verdict
I'm surprised how this product turned out. I bought it expecting it to be worse than the oh so popular backstage gel liner. I would recommend it for those who are looking for a daily wear eyeliner and want something easy to work with. However, I wouldn't recommend this for those who prefer a really black and dark eyeliner, the backstage gel liner might work better for that.
That's all I have for this quick first impression post. Hope it was useful for those looking to try out this fairly new product.

No comments:
Post a Comment