If you have been following the jukebox posts on this blog, you would have realised that I didn't post one last weekend. Many apologies! Took the weekend off to rest and build up some immunity.
According to the poll on Twitter, this song was the popular one of the two, with 53% of votes. So without further ado, let's get on with this week's song review for Rainbow's Tell Me Tell Me!
I can't remember how I first found out about Rainbow. I think it was one of those late night repeats on Arirang when they were promoting A. At that time, I thought they had catchy song and weren't too bad. If I'm not wrong, Tell Me Tell Me was released just before they went on a hiatus. And surprisingly, this song did quite well.
I think Rainbow could have been popular but for various reasons, continuously failed to make it big. Like I've mentioned in a post previously, there could be many reasons contributing to why a group doesn't make it big. For those familiar with the Korean entertainment industry, you would totally get what I mean. It's just such a saturated industry, you really have to stand out and have the right concept or song to make it big. Also, I've heard that that's the reason for their hiatus. They haven't been making enough money from their promotions or something along these lines.
Anyway! I think Tell Me Tell Me would be one of the best songs and concepts that Rainbow has had. In my opinion of course. I guess instead of the cute or sexy concept, a confident concept tends to be more popular. Although the dance it quite cutesy, I think it kind of stays in the neutral area instead of swinging toward cute or sexy.
That's all for this week's song review! Do check out this space for more song reviews! There'll be a new song every weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment