I started this weekend song recommendation series on my blog to recommend songs that were receiving lesser attention than others. Most of the time I do write about the less popular songs but sometimes I do recommend songs that I really enjoy listening to.
This week, I'm recommending a song I can't seem to get out of my head! Red Velvet's Ice Cream Cake.
Last week, I created a poll on my Google+ page but unfortunately it didn't receive as much response as I hoped for, so I guess I'll just return to writing about whatever song in whatever order. Hehe. Of course, if you do have suggestions or comments, don't hesitate to let me know!
Anyway, let's move on!
The reason why I've decided to write a post on this song is mainly because I can't get this song out of my head! It's crazy nice! Plus it's like a song that you'll find yourself unconsciously singing to. I've been humming to it continuously ever since I've heard it. I even sang it at work which of course got me weird stares from my kids and one even asking for some ice cream.
I was quite surprised with Red Velvet's comeback this time. I mean from the popularity they've gained from Happiness I don't know why I wasn't sure that they would do well this time. Maybe I wasn't too interested at first because Happiness did well and it would be difficult to match up with that standard. Also with the addition of Yeri, I wasn't expecting anything much. But yes, this comeback is pretty awesome!
There were some reports that I've read analysing the success of SM girl groups. They've seemed to realise that the way to earning money is not from male fans but instead female fans. So through portraying a confident image instead of a sexy concept is the way to attracting more female fans and therefore earning more money as it's the female fans that are willing to purchase albums and merchandise. I think there is some truth in this. I really do like Red Velvet's confident image. I think they tried it out with f(x) and they received quite a lot of attention as well. Girl's Generation has more of a confident image as well as compared to a sexy image. That must be the reason why they're quite popular.
On the whole, I liked their comeback! I sat through their whole broadcast on Naver, Ice Cream TV. They're quite a nice group to watch. They seem quite honest and they don't make me cringe with fake laughters or hair flips. I hope they aren't a project group and they'll continue to have cool songs. I think the members are pretty all rounded, they can both sing and dance.
Oh dear, I think I've written quite a lot in this post. Hope it doesn't bore you! Do stay tuned for next weekend's song recommendation! Managed to churn this out while doing some paperwork for work as well. Hehe. Don't forget to like this post and follow this blog for more!


No comments:
Post a Comment