Tuesday, 22 July 2014

BB Cream Collection ♥

All about BB Creams!
Finally starting a new series of blog posts reviewing and talking about the makeup products I bought in Korea when I was there in June! It may include some other makeup products that I didn't buy in Korea but are from Korean makeup brands as well.

1. The Face Shop Aura Color Control Cream

I didn't get this product in Korea and it's not in the title though isn't a BB Cream but a CC Cream. For some brands, CC Creams are white and applied below another foundation or BB Cream. For this CC Cream, it comes already with a colour, so it works just like any other foundation or BB Cream. Therefore, I thought it would fit into this post too.

It comes in a circular compact container with a sponge and mirror.

The product comes out from the hole in the middle by pressing the button.



The product is quite thick and it doesn't flow. It's really feels like some sort of cream or lotion, providing a medium to full coverage. I got it in #2 Natural Beige and it comes with 20g of product with SPF30 and PA++. The 2 swatches above were taken with lighting and as you can see, it does make your skin brighter. Just like what it says on the container!

However, I've heard many bad reviews on the product though many people are saying that it's good. My Korean friend told me that contrary to what people are saying here, it isn't popular in Korea as many people had reactions after using this CC Cream. And Vaneh broke out after using it too and she gave it to me. I didn't break out after using it but it wasn't really my favourite product. It felt sticky even after spreading it over my face which I don't quite like.

Plus the packaging isn't really very smart. I can't tell if there's anymore product left in the container or it's time to throw it out :/ I tried using it but nothing's coming out, so should I throw it out? Haha.

2. Innisfree Long Wear Cushion

I got this product after my Korean friend recommended it. This is the newer version of the BB Cushion though. It's the Long Wear Cushion supposedly suitable for hot weather and climate. It cost about ₩20,000 which isn't too bad though it comes with 15g of product. I got it in #21 Natural Beige and it also has SPF50+ and PA+++.

Recently, I visited a local Innisfree store and found out they brought this product in as well as it's selling for about SGD $30. I didn't find out if they sold the refill. It would definitely be cheaper and more environmentally friendly to get the refill.

The packaging is rather simple and not too bulky.

The box it came in.

The product is stored in the sponge.

The puff applicator.

The product is applied easily by tapping gently to blend into skin.

After blending it into skin.

The coverage this product has is light but it's buildable. Since I don't really like thick base makeup, I usually apply one layer and then add another layer to those areas that need more coverage. Just using the sponge to blend out the BB Cream is quite sufficient. I've seen some beauty gurus using a Beauty Blender instead of the sponge and that works fine too ^^ so I guess it's really up to your preference!

On the down side, it took me awhile to get used to the smell of the product. It smells a little like grass but of course it was something I expected since the ingredients are natural and so it would smell like nature. I think that compared to other BB Creams, this BB Cushion wouldn't be able to last as long and probably not as hygienic as well. I heard it dries up quite quickly and it can last for about 3 months. So far I got it about a month ago so we'll see if it does dry up that quickly!

3. Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB

How I came to buy this product is pretty funny and I think I might have gotten it on impulse >< I've heard many things about this BB Cream and many beauty gurus on youtube have spoken well of it. It never crossed my mind that I would actually buy this but one morning when I was scrolling through my SNS, one of my favourite youtubers, Jen (meejmuse) posted a picture of the new packaging for this product. It now has a blue cap with white polka dots (the previous one was just green I think)!

So that day I went into Holika Holika and bought it! It costed about ₩13,000 which really isn't too bad for 40ml of product! I got it in 02 Aqua Neutral with SPF20 and PA++.

It has such an adorable packing! Looks like jelly!

What a cute box!




What I really like about this product is that it's super light! It feels like I've nothing on my skin. Not only that, I think the shade suits my skin tone quite well compared to the previous BB Creams I've used. You can barely tell the difference after blending it on my hand though it's slightly different from the tone on my face (since I've gotten tanner on my hand and maybe even on my face from the Korean sun), it's not overly white or bright. It doesn't really have a scent but it doesn't smell bad! I like how it's cooling when you apply it on and the texture of the product is not too thick and not too watery, it's has like a gel like or jelly like texture. I've used it for quite some time now and there's still a lot of product left. I'm hoping to see if it would last me a whole year. Hehehe.

What isn't so good about this product is probably the packaging? I've read many people saying the packing isn't so hygienic and I agree. I use that scoop thingy to apply some product onto my hand and then putting it back into the bottle. So I guess it exposes the remaining product to whatever dirt or germs? But if I don't share this with anyone, it shouldn't get contaminated.

Currently, my favourite BB Cream would be the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB. It seems the most suitable for my skin tone and it's pretty good in the climate here. It can last the whole day without melting off. Since the weather here is very humid and I've a oily combination skin type, I still would need to blot my face at least once in the afternoon. I'll keep using the product and maybe consider buying a new bottle when it finishes ^^

Hope this short review was insightful! Can't wait to talk about the other products I bought in Korea! Hehehe. Let me know if you've any thoughts on these products!

xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment