Tuesday, 11 March 2014

You Who Came From the Stars ❤

I have not done a drama review in quite awhile~ I did not have the time to watch many dramas plus the dramas did not catch my eye >< 

So 별에서 온 그대~ Or You who came from the stars~ was the latest drama that I watched. Initially I didn't want to watch this drama despite everyone talking about it and the high ratings. But after watching one episode during my school break, I couldn't stop watching >< Ended up watching episode 2 to 18 within 2 days.

What made me keep watching the drama was firstly, the lead actors. Jeon Jihyun was really really good! I think she portrayed the character or Cheon Songyi really well. The way she acted lightened the mood and created seriously good laughs throughout the drama. 


I think that was another aspect of the drama that went well. Lately, it's been a trend for Korean dramas to have mediocre plots and slipshod endings. Yes, I'm talking about the drama I watched before this. In the case for You who came from the stars, I felt that the plot flowed smoothly and even the characters were well developed. It could also be the actors playing these roles that allowed the audience to feel the emotions they were feeling. 

I shall not go into great detail just in case whoever's reading this wants to watch the drama but I'll just warn you to prepare a large tissue box when the end of the drama comes around >< hehehehe. 

It was also a perfect mix of serious scenes and funny scenes. Which is a good thing! Plus the transition between these scenes were brilliant! It didn't feel choppy at all. Sometimes I get annoyed if the transition between serious and funny scenes aren't done properly. I'm left thinking, "What just happened". 

Of course, I have to mention the awesome chemistry between the two leads. There's like electricity when they stare at each other. Maybe it's just me but I don't usually watch dramas where the female lead looks or is older than the male lead. But I really liked how Jeon Jihyun and Kim Soohyun looked together. I read that she recommended Kim Soohyun to be casted. Best decision ever director-nim!


I was able to finally realize Kim Soohyun's charms through this drama. I think he's a really super duper good actor! ♥ I'm not being biased here. He really showed the different emotions well! I was definitely impressed with his acting! Even though I watched him in Dream high, my heart was drawn to Taecyeon then. But now... Sorry Taec... 

Here's where he gets caught.

Isn't this just heartbreaking? ㅠㅠ

Another thing I really liked was the romance aspect of the drama. It wasn't too much neither was it too little. Just watching the romantic scenes just makes me feel all fluffy and fuzzy on the inside ^^ but maybe I've fallen deeply in love with Kim Soohyun already.




Hehehe. If I were to rate this drama...

Well it's my top favourite drama now. It'll be my favourite drama until another drama can top this. So this is my recommended drama to all ye drama lovers! Hope I didn't spoil the drama haha I tried to leave out as much detail as possible hehehe. I will have to watch this drama all over again one day! It was so good. I watched To the beautiful you like 5 times >< I'll have to double that! 

xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment