Friday, 28 February 2014

KL ❤

A very delayed blog post on our trip to KL last December. I had planned to blog about this trip but left the post in drafts and totally forgot about it until now. 

We went to KL for 6 days! If I'm not wrong from 21st December to 26th December. I planned to write one blog post for every 2 days but since I forgot about it, I shall just lump all 6 days into one long blog post. 

So here goes ^^

We arrived around lunch at the KL budget terminal. I can't remember the name for it. We wanted to take a cab to our hotel but since there were 5 of us, we would have to take 2 cabs which would be quite expensive. So an alternative was to take a mini van. And that's what we did ^^

Appa's selca of us in the mini van. It came out blur as the van was rather shaky.

We stayed at The Westin which was also in the Bukit Bintang area but was on the other side of the road from Grand Milennium which stayed at the previous year (2012). It was a farther walk back to the hotel but since it was still in the same area, we could easily get to and from the various shopping malls ^^

Appa had to attend a wedding dinner on the first night there so we went out on our own. Where to? Pavilion of course! It was just opposite our hotel. We had Japanese food at Watami (I think) for dinner. And Chatime for dessert! 

Posing with our Chatime. 

The second day, we went to Restoran Sin Kee which is a restaurant run by my grand uncle. The food's great here! Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor. 'Man Fan' is the well known dish at this restaurant so if you're in KL, it's a definite must try!

Shop front.

Just arrived at the restaurant.

Table full of food!

Soup!

Home made tofu. This tastes awesome!

Chicken chop!

Appa used to work at this restaurant when he was young so it's like a trip down memory lane every time we go there. We actually had lunch and dinner there that day since we were in the area. Of course, appa was super happy to eat there twice. Actually we all were happy. Happy tummys, happy people ^^ 

Sister and I before dinner.

We went to Mid Valley mega mall that afternoon and as usual it was so crowded! We didn't do much shopping there except getting our nails done. 


I can't remember the name of the shop where we got our nails done but they had 2 outlets in the mall itself. It seemed like they had a lot of customers as we had to wait for about an hour before it was our turn to get our nails done. 

On the third day, we went to this Japanese ramen restaurant at Pavilion that my sister found out about from reading Audrey fourfeetnine's blog. It was the best ramen I've ever tasted! 


There was a lunch special so we all decided to order from the 5 options available. I wanted the special ramen that had only 50 bowls available but sadly, all the 50 bowls were served by the time we placed our orders so I ended up ordering this spicy ramen. It turned out to be really delicious and not that spicy. Hehehe. Totally enjoyed it! My mouth is watering as I type this~ The soup was really 장난 아니야 (not a joke)! 

After lunch, we decided to shop around Pavilion.

Another random selca with the sister.

We were actually quite excited to see all these LINE characters around the mall. LINE has been our latest favourite instant messaging application. I actually use LINE more than Whatsapp now. Why? Just because LINE has these crazy cute stickers! 

That's me posing with Brown.


Christmas tree with all the LINE characters!

Taking an awkward picture with Brown and Cony.

Another awkward picture with Moon.

They had a popup store set up during this period so of course, being fans, we had no choice but to find this popup store! 

The wall decorated with figurines.

I see no difference!

I wanted to buy something from the popup store but didn't see anything that I liked. So we ended up getting James things for Vanessa. Hahaha. They should have more of these things here! But I guess LINE is more popular in Malaysia and in Thailand? Not many people use it here. Shall start promoting LINE to my friends. Hehehe. 

I can't remember what we did for the rest of the day except walking around the mall. 

Another selca with the other sister this time cos we were bored waiting outside the shop.

The Christmas atmosphere in Malaysia never fails to surprise me! The malls are always decorated nicely every year! I remember we used to have that here but we seldom see such elaborate decorations! What happened the atmosphere here? I suppose it's because it's expensive to decorate shopping malls nowadays? 


On Christmas eve, we went to a western restaurant near our hotel for lunch. We had steak! Ever since Boston, I really like steak. Before that, I guess I've not fully appreciated steak. Now I love it! I have it medium well done just like Kyungsoo


Looks delicious? It was.

Us at the entrance of the restaurant.

I can't remember what we did on Christmas eve except for the steak and of course, Christmas shopping ^^ Dad got my sister a pair of shoes from Timberland for Christmas. I casually said that I wanted a watch as we walked past Fossil and guess what? My dad got me a watch for Christmas.


I totally love it! I love the font and the sun and moon thing. It's simple and yet I think it has the preschool teacher feel to it. It'll be perfect for teaching morning, afternoon and evening? Only that the stars on the watch start appearing around 4pm hehehe. 

On Christmas day, we went to our grandaunt's house in PJ! Our aunt and uncle came too so we got to play with our adorable cousins! They're growing up so quickly! But it was fun to see them and we were privileged to hear them sing for us! Such cuties!! ♥

That's us with the youngest cousin! He's frowning probably because he was wondering why was he appearing on the phone. 

Hehehe cutie ♥

Unfortunately we didn't get to take pictures with the other cousins. We shall do that the next time we go there! When will that be though~ 

That pretty much sums up our entire trip in KL! I probably left out some parts here and there. I shouldn't have waited to write this post >< But all in all, it was a fun trip! Always good to spend time with family and not forgetting eating good food! Yums! Hehehe. 

So... Where will my next trip be? Korea? Hehehe. 

xoxo, Fid♥

No comments:

Post a Comment