Saturday, 31 January 2015

Jukebox #24 Luv Talk ♥︎

First song recommendation post for the year! It's not really the beginning of the month or the year anymore but I finally found the time to begin writing this!

Joomal means weekend in Korean and so song recommendation posts will be posted once every week usually during the weekends! The concept of these posts are mainly to feature songs that are good and need more TLC! Usually I would just put my iTunes library on shuffle and then write about the song that plays. So it's totally random! However these few weeks, I've been recommending songs that are either new or isn't receiving enough attention.

Just FYI. Heh. Shall we get started?

This week, I'll be talking about Luv Talk by Ferlyn G! Starting the year off with something new and rather exciting (to me).




A lot of you probably have not heard of Ferlyn. She used to be a member of the Singapore-Korean girl group, Skarf. She left the group and is now promoting solo. Although I think this time round, I think this song is just a single.

Let's talk about the song first before talking about anything else as I'm sure most of you are wondering what's up with Skarf.

For a solo debut song, I'm quite surprised that it actually doesn't sound bad. I mean of course I'm comparing this to the previous Skarf songs. They weren't bad but I wouldn't say that were good or popular enough. Then again, it really depends on a lot of factors whether a song becomes popular or not.

Anyway, I was quite impressed with the dancing. I knew that Ferlyn was a dancer but somehow I never thought that she suited the concept that Skarf had, she looked so much better dancing in this style. And must I add, she looks totally awesome now.


I'm guessing she lost a lot of weight from her Skarf days.

I'm just glad that she's going solo now although I'm not really sure how popular she's going to be. Of course, she would gain more attention in Singapore since she's Singaporean and new sites tend to pick up on that and report on it. But her target would be Korea and Taiwan and I can't really say for sure how popular she would be. Then again it's not her fault. It's really the company and their promotion or marketing techniques. Hopefully they'll learn from the best like SM or JYP entertainment.

In next week's Joomal Jukebox, I'll further elaborate more on what I think and feels on Skarf. Hehehe. Till then~

No comments:

Post a Comment